IPID is entirely student-led and is geared towards linking students to the larger development field on campus and around the world. IPID officers and committee chairs, who are all graduate students from various degree programs, meet on a regular basis – at least twice a month – to plan upcoming events and outreach efforts. The opportunity to serve on IPID’s executive committee is made available to graduate students in all departments across campus.
Details regarding the fall 2015 election for Committee Member positions are forthcoming!
Fall 2014 IPID Election Information
Every fall semester IPID holds elections for its Committee Member positions, including: Finance Committee, Communications Committee, Programming Committee and Grant Committee (if deemed necessary to have). All IPID committee chair members must be enrolled graduate/professional students for the following school year at the University of Minnesota and registered for at least six credits. Exceptions to the requirement are permitted upon receipt of a letter from the Director of Graduate Studies of the student’s department certifying the student is actively pursuing a degree.
IPID committee members must be able to commit to one (1) year in office. Generally committees meet on an as needed basis, determined by the Committee Chair. The average commitment is five (5) hours per month, with more concentrated time depending on the responsibility.
- Programming Committee – Handles all planning and arrangements for guest speakers, programming and trips.
- Finance Committee – Initiates and facilitates IPID fundraising and finance efforts in coordination with all other committees.
- Outreach and Strategic committee – Initiates and sustains IPID outreach efforts among University students, faculty and staff and all outside parties.
- Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Committee – Builds and sustains the IPID website and content.
- Grant Management Committee – Works with the Board Member at Large and President to set up and maintain standardized processes for IPID to manage the travel grant.
Spring 2015 IPID Election Information
Every spring semester IPID will hold elections for its Board Member positions, including: President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, Grant Program Chair (formerly Member-at-Large), Communications Chair, Programming Chair, and Journal Liaison. All IPID officers and committee chairs must be enrolled graduate/professional students for the following school year at the University of Minnesota and registered for at least six credits. Exceptions to the requirement are permitted upon receipt of a letter from the Director of Graduate Studies of the student’s department certifying the student is actively pursuing a degree.
IPID officers and committee chairs must be able to commit to one (1) year in office and can expect about 2.5 to 3.5 hours of involvement per week. IPID is not generally active during the winter and summer breaks.